Can you find the verb in these words? Write them out on your whiteboard and the circle the word you think is the verb (action word).
1) cat pencil blue eating
2) shorts orange listen ring
3) black dolphin jumped poodle
4) mummy pyramid climb sandwich
5) sunshine cloudy seatbelt driving
Identify the verb in the sentence
1) The brown monkey was swinging in the tree.
2) Cats and dogs like to drink milk and water.
3) If it rains, sit under the umbrella.
4) Footballers always kick the ball as far as they can.
5) Drive carefully as it is snowing outside.
6) Snakes slither up trees when they want to sleep.
7) Mr Hoyle drinks his coffee every morning.
8) Mrs Keeling sits at the back of the room in our lessons.
Can you write your own sentences using the pictures below?