Types of sentences
There are 4 types of sentences:
This week, we will focus on commands. Commands tell you what to do and they use verbs (doing words) and you often find them in instructions. Let's take a look!
Find the bossy verb
Which word is the bossy verb? Remember- a verb is an action and a bossy verb tells you to do something!
1) Hop on the spot.
2) Skip down the road with your friend.
3) Run to the post box.
4) Stir your cup of tea.
5) Very carefully, slice the apple with a knife.
6) Slowly cross the road and look left and right. (CLUE- There are 2 bossy verbs in this one!)
7) Walk to the library and pick a lovely book.
8) Next, jump up and down then sit on the floor. Now cross your legs.
Can you write a simple instruction for the pictures above? Your sentence must include the correct bossy verb. Here are some verbs to choose from:
slice chop whisk stir spread squeeze drink grate
My instructions are all jumbled up! Can you help me put them in the right order again so I can make a bowl of cereals.
How to make a bowl of cereals
1) Pick up your spoon
2) Pour milk on top.
3) Open the box of cereals.
4) Eat your breakfast with the spoon.
5) Get a bowl.
6) Pour cereal into the bowl.
Can you make my sentences better with adjectives? How could you describe the nouns (things) in the sentences?