In Year 1, we focus on four types of conjunctions. These are the SABO conjunctions:
So And But Or
We have done lots of work using the word and as a conjunction. Let's have a go at the other three.
Choose the right conjunction to fill the gap. You can choose either and or but.
1) I will have an apple ________ a drink of water.
2) It rained ________ Zoha played out anyway.
3) Jack's hair is brown ______ he always smiles.
4) My dad gave me a bear ________ I wanted a football instead.
4) Zachary dropped the plate ________ it did not smash.
5) I played in the park with George ________ we went on the slide.
6) Lewis loves playing football ________ he doesn't like skipping.
7) Erin tried the cake _________ it was too sweet.
8) Minnie and Phoebe chased each other ___________ they had lots of fun.
Picture prompt of the week!
What is happening in this picture? What might happen next?
Can you try different sentences using all of your conjunctions?